DKEDC Celebrates Manufacturing Month
Monday, October 03, 2022
What started in 2012 as Manufacturing Day in New Jersey, became a national day in 2014. Since then, Manufacturing Day, celebrated the first Friday in October, has expanded into Manufacturing Month (MFG Month). A month dedicated to manufacturing businesses opening their doors to inspire, enlighten, and educate the next generation on becoming entrepreneurs and tradesmen in innovation and production.
According to the Kansas Manufacturing Council, “The manufacturing industry employs one out of 11 Kansas workers.” DKEDC celebrates by saying, “Thank you,” to all of our local manufacturing businesses for your employment opportunities and innovations that grow our economy. We are proud you’ve made Dickinson County your home.
Rawhide Portable Corral
Rawhide Portable Corral employs 26 members of our workforce and purchases from local merchants and other Kansas businesses to meet their needs. This type of partnering builds and strengthens Dickinson County’s community and identity.
- “Rawhide is a nationwide company and our corrals are actually all over North America. We have corrals in Canada and in 43 states. We have also sent corrals to Finland.”
- “Our corral was featured in the first two seasons of the Ultimate Cowboy reality TV show and was given to the winning cowboy. Our corral was also featured on the American Rancher which is a show on RFD-TV.”
DKEDC congratulates Rawhide Portable Corral on their 20th anniversary of being a small company doing big business and their third year being a semi-finalist in Kansas Manufacturing Council’s Coolest Thing Made in Kansas.
Dickinson County Embraces Manufacturing Businesses
Dickinson County has a large manufacturing sector with homegrown & relocated businesses like:
- Great Plains Manufacturing (sub company of Kubota) - Agricultural machinery and ground supply
- Abilene Machine - Agricultural replacement parts
- US Stone - Kansas limestone supplier
- Hodgdon Powder - Gunpowder and blackpowder substitutes supplier
- Sunbelt-Solomon Corporation - Electric transformer equipment
- Agri Trails Coop - Agronomy experts, livestock production specialists and a Certified Cenex distributor
These companies and others continue to benefit from access to affordable commercial real estate, a skilled workforce, immediate access to multi-transportation needs, and a community willing to support their growth. DKEDC appreciates and celebrates these manufacturing companies for making Dickinson County their home or homebase.
Grow Here with Us
From the budding manufacturing entrepreneurs and innovators, to the veteran businesses looking to relocate or expand, we have room for you to start and grow your business here in Dickinson County.
We have land and properties available starting with the following:
- Solomon Land - 1.2 acres available with 126 acres adjacent
- 2314 N. Buckeye, Abilene - 45 acres with I-70 frontage
- Abilene Industrial Park - city-owned 20 acre parcel
Contact DKEDC at 785-200-3518 for more information on these sites or other sites and properties.