Purpose of DKEDC -
The purpose Dickinson County Economic Development Corporation is to further the economic development of Dickinson County, Kansas by promoting and assisting the growth and development of Business and Industry; as well as addressing all business concerns within Dickinson County.
DKEDC Structure -
The DKEDC Board of Directors consists of twelve (12) members, who repre-sent both the private and public sector. There are 10 public sector members, representing Dickinson County and the Dickinson County municipalities of Herington, Hope, Woodbine, Carlton, Chapman, Enterprise, Manchester, Solomon, and Abilene. There are Nine (9) members representing the Private Sector.
Priorities & Objectives
- Promote Dickinson County’s assets and resources to enhance economic growth in the region.
- Retain and expand existing industries and businesses in Dickinson County to ensure their continued operation and growth.
- Recruit and negotiate with new business and industries that are best suited for Dickinson County that will produce sustainable developments with quality jobs to strengthen the local economy
- Actively promote Dickinson County and the communities within Dickinson County, by working in close liaison with State, Local and Regional partners.
- Work with local and regional partners to strengthen the quality and quantity of the Dickinson County workforce.
- Work with local and regional partners, and local businesses to identify and overcome any Local, State and or Federal obstacles that prohibit the successful implementation of economic development in Dickinson County